Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scott's Run with full pack

Tuesday August 18, 2009
Today we decided to walk a shorter distance (my birthday present) but to add back some elevation to our hike so we did two shortened laps in Scott's Run with both our packs at 18 lbs. This includes 1 liter of water but no food other than a small bag of gorp. David used heel orthotics today and like me felt less discomfort in the knees. I have less discomfort in the hips and knees since I have the new orthotics in my boots. Temperature was again in the low 90s. Our stats were 3.75 miles in 2 hours and 3 minutes. Overall moving speed was 2.3 miles for 1 hr 40 minutes and 23 minutes stopped which pulled our average speed down to 1.8 miles per hour. Our total ascent was 131 meters. Both of us felt like we could easily do another lap which was a good feeling.
I had found a little $10 flashdrive MP3 player for David onto which I had loaded our Berlitz Rush Hour Spanish. As we walked today we each had our respective ipod/mp3 players with us and practised our Spanish lessons.

1 comment:

  1. a word of encouragement here: you are definitely doing the right thing by hot-weather hikes in mountains. I've hiked in Scotland several times -local Virginia doesn't compare with the mountains of either Scotland or Spain, but go with what you have. And it's a very wise to hike every day - - after all, in Spain you will not take many days off. For the aches & pains, I take ibuprofin before I start walking. I used my camera a lot but ran into trouble when I forgot the adapter on one trip. Never used the phone.

    ReplyDelete